- Cannes 2013: https://youtu.be/JZ070NSgSGc
- One Show 2016: https://youtu.be/AjVEf9MMpYs|
- Cannes 2016: https://youtu.be/DJuMD6PMls4
- Cannes 2017: https://youtu.be/0EZeD3fOqvc
- Cannes 2018: https://youtu.be/QWmniJIy-y4
- 5 GPs (120+ Lions) – Cannes, 16 yellow pencils – D&AD, 1 Grandy, 2 Grand Effies.
- Board member at The One Club for Creativity and Miami Ad School, D&AD Impact council member, Cannes Lions advisory committee.
Fernando is a global marketer with a passion for growing brands and businesses. With more than 120 Lions in Cannes (5 GPs), 16 D&AD Yellow Pencils, 1 Grandy (McWhopper), and 2 Grand Effies in North America, Fernando is known for pushing the creative boundaries to drive business growth. Currently as Global CMO at Burger King, Fernando’s focus is infusing the brand with purpose, modernizing the design, and inspiring the organization around brand development. Under Fernando’s leadership, Burger King became Client of the Year at the D&AD in 2016, Creative Marketer of the Year in Cannes 2017, Client of the Year at the One Show 2018 and Advertiser of the Year at the Clio Awards 2018. Fernando led campaigns such as “Proud Whopper”, “McWhopper”, “Google Home of the Whopper”, “Burning Stores”, “Bullying Jr”, “Whopper Neutrality”, “Scary Clown Night”, and “Whopper Detour”. Prior to joining BK, Fernando worked for 18 years at Unilever. Starting as an intern, he moved up the ranks working different product categories and brands, including Dove where he led the groundbreaking “Beauty Sketches” (Titanium GP in 2013). Fernando was recognized by Adweek as Grand Brand Genius (2013 and 2018 – only person to ever win twice), by Business Insider as top 10 people transforming advertising, by the AD Club of NY as Marketer of the Year (2017), by Business Insider as top 10 most innovative CMOs (2017 and 2018), by AdAge as top 50 most creative people in the business (2017), and by Forbes as Top 100 Most Creative Minds in Business.