Growth plans for the IMC Conference as Hefer takes the helm
The Integrated Marketing Conference (IMC) is pleased to announce Nedbank as the naming sponsor for its 2019 event ‘Marketing Gets Nak*d™’, which takes place on 14 March 2019 at the Fox Junction in Newtown, Johannesburg.
Featuring a line-up of 20 world-class speakers, the one-day conference strips marketing of the jargon and gets down to the bare bones of what really matters: delivering better results and improving ROI.
”We are delighted to have Nedbank on board and can’t wait to show delegates the true essence of marketing, stripped of the spin. It’s time to take the profession to a new dimension, where we don’t need to rely on buzzwords to prove our effectiveness, because the bottom line speaks for itself,” says Dale Hefer, CEO of the Integrated Marketing Conference (IMC).
Now in its eighth year, the IMC is Africa’s foremost marketing conference with a focus of connecting marketers and promoting the business case for marketing by highlighting the importance of the profession as integral to the success of any business.
Khensani Nobanda, Group Executive Marketing and Corporate Affairs, Nedbank says: “The IMC journey is one that is familiar to us and aligns with our passion to innovate as a way of ensuring that the marketing function maintains and grows its relevance as a key competitive component and strategic enabler of any business.”
Join Nedbank and the IMC for the 2019 Conference and be a part of a marketing movement that works together to build better, purpose-led brands.
Some of the remarkable speakers include:
- Professor Elaine Rumboll, owner and founder of The Creative Leadership Consultancy, an experiential learning company helping organisations be more playful, agile, curious and energised.
- Dave Duarte, CEO at Treeshake, is a compelling speaker on digital leadership and inclusive innovation. Dave runs the Ogilvy Digital Marketing Academy, which helps the “ad agency of the decade” remain at the forefront of marketing innovation.
- GG Alcock, CEO and founder of Minanawe Marketing, has been a shebeen owner, political activist, community worker and African adventurer. Fluent in Zulu and most of South Africa’s vernaculars, GG’s company is a leading activations business in South Africa
- Khaya Dlanga is a well-regarded marketing personality, having been listed in Jeremy Maggs’ “The Annual – Advertising, Media & Marketing” as one of the 100 most influential people in Advertising, Media & Marketing. He is a winner of the Financial Mail’s Adfocus New Broom award 2009, awarded to a young marketer making an impact in the industry.
- Professor David Uribe works as Regional Data Director at TBWA for the markets of Africa, Middle East and some European markets. He is also the Head of Digital at TBWA\Hunt\Lascaris in South Africa. David is the co-founder at smartBeemo.com, one of the largest online education platforms for Spanish speaking audiences today.
For more information on how to register now for our Early Bird or to apply for one of R70 000 worth of bursaries, brought to you in partnership with MSE Education Holding, visit our website: www.imcconference.com.
NOTE TO EDITORS
Dale Hefer, founder of leading agency Chillibush (which she sold in 2014) is the owner and CEO at the IMC Academy (Pty) Ltd. She is author of the bestselling and critically acclaimed From Witblits to Vuvuzela’s: Marketing in the New South Africa and former Businesswoman of the Year. She is also the owner of purpose driven agency Afterburn Marketing (Pty) Ltd. The Integrated Marketing Conference has grown from its 2010 start in Cape Town to its position as Africa’s leading marketing conference. Whatever your industry, you’ll want to Get Nak*d with the IMC in March 2019.
For more information or media enquiries contact:
Tel: 010 592 1888