Make your Brand a Movie Mogul!
These packages are just suggestions. We are keen to chat to find out what you are looking for out of a partnership with us. And how we can ensure your sponsorship is no Risky Business.
Dale at 083 631 6727
Terms & Conditions
- Interpretation and Definitions
In this agreement, unless the context otherwise requires, the following definitions shall apply:
- “IMC Academy” means the IMC Academy (Pty) Limited, having registration number 2017/474489/07;
- “Sponsor” means the company referred to in the sponsorship CE / Booking Form above;
- “Sponsorship” refers to all of the terms and conditions contained in the above form and herein below;
- “The event” means the 2021 Nedbank IMC Conference.
- Contract Acceptance
- By completing the above sponsorship / CE booking form and signing same, the Sponsor agrees to all of the terms and conditions contained herein and to comply with same.
- The Sponsor acknowledges that the IMC Academy relies upon the Sponsor’s sponsorship for the event in the preparation, hosting and running of same.
- The IMC Academy reserves the right to refuse or deny any application or request for sponsorship of the event, which decision the IMC Academy can make entirely within its own discretion.
To become a Sponsor for the event, the sponsorship / CE and booking form, including these terms and conditions, must be completed and agreed to in writing.
- Terms of Payment
- An invoice and confirmation document will be sent to the Sponsor within 48 hours of receipt of this sponsorship / CE / booking form duly signed by the Sponsor.
- Such invoice and confirmation acknowledgment will confirm the Sponsor’s sponsorship on the terms contained herein.
- The Sponsor must pay a deposit equivalent to 50% of the total sponsorship price to the IMC Academy directly.
- Such payment must be made without set off or deduction for any reason whatsoever within a period of 14 working days after the date of signature of this application.
- The remaining 50% owed must be paid on or before 19 February 2021.
- Cancellation / Penalty
- Due to the IMC Academy’s reliance on the sponsorship payment from the Sponsor, it is acknowledged that cancellation or termination of the sponsorship will prejudice the Sponsor and/or the event.
- As such, the Sponsor agrees that the IMC Academy is entitled to a cancellation fee in the following circumstances:-
- Cancellations made between 61 and 90 days prior to the event will result in a 25% release cost;
- Cancellations made between 31 and 60 days prior to the event will result in a 75% release cost;
- Cancellations made within 30 days prior to the event start date will result in a 100% release cost.
- Sponsors accept entire responsibility and hereby agree to protect, indemnify, defend and hold the IMC Academy and its employees and agents harmless against all claims, losses and damages to persons or property, government chargers and attorney’s fees arising from or caused by the sponsor’s installation, removal, maintenance, occupancy or use of conference premises or a part thereof, excluding any such liability caused by the sole negligence of the venue, its employees and agents.
- The IMC Academy shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Sponsor which arises from any circumstances outside of the IMC Academy’s control.
- Vis Major
- The IMC Academy shall not be liable to the client for any prevention, suspension or postponement of its performance in terms of this agreement where such prevention, suspension or postponement is due to an event of vis major (including but not limited to, the consequences, legal or otherwise, caused by any pandemic or the effects thereof, any flood, earthquake, strike, riot, war, or act of any civil or military authority, or other cause of similar nature beyond the reasonable control of the IMC Academy, provided that such act could not have been foreseen or prevented.
- The organisers reserve the right to alter the event agenda / date or cancel with full refund. Neither the organisers nor the suppliers will be held responsible for any injury, loss or damage incurred to participants at the event. Right of participation is reserved.
- The IMC Academy Best Practices Policy for Attendees and Sponsors
- The IMC Academy provides opportunities for Sponsors to have direct exposure to conference attendees during the event. All Sponsors are expected to abide by the following policy :-
- Sponsors will not detract from any other company’s investment by competing with sponsored event, eg the hosting of an event at the same time as the IMC Academy;
- Sponsors will not interfere with another sponsor’s communication with an attendee communication, either directly or indirectly, eg the distribution of brochures or other collateral other than agreed upon by the IMC Academy.
- These and other similar actions will be considered unacceptable and will be prohibited except with the explicit written permission of the IMC Academy. All attendees, regardless of whether they sponsor or network at the event, are subject to the guidelines of this policy. Such guidelines or terms are available for view on the IMC Academy / event website. Attendance at the event signifies agreement to this policy.
- Use of space / promotional materials
This sponsorship excludes the distribution of any branded Genesys items unless agreed to by the IMC Academy.
- Function Space
It is understood that no rooms, suites or other space in the conference venue are to be used for exhibition purposes, workshops or other exhibitor sales-related use. Hosting invitational cocktail parties, open houses and similar exhibitor sponsored events should be checked with the IMC Academy management so as not to conflict with program events.
- Personal Data
- The IMC Academy advises the Sponsor that data is likely and may well be collected in consequence of the Sponsor’s sponsorship of the event.
- Due to the need for compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013, IMC Academy states that any such data collected from the Sponsor during the course of its sponsorship and the running of the event may be utilized in future for marketing purposes.
- Intellectual Property
- Each of the IMC Academy and the Sponsor acknowledge that they will respectively interchange intellectual property in the form of trade marks, branding, marketing material and the like in the run up to the event and at the event as well as thereafter.
- As such, each of IMC Academy and the Sponsor shall retain ownership of their said intellectual property which will not be infringed by either party.
- The IMC Academy right to cancel
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained herein, the IMC Academy reserves the right to cancel this sponsorship in its discretion should it believe same is necessary for any reason.
- In the event of IMC Academy cancelling in such circumstances, the monies paid by the Sponsor to IMC Academy in advance of the event will be refunded less all expenses incurred by the IMC Academy up until that point in time.
- These terms and conditions contain the entire agreement and understanding between IMC Academy and the Sponsor relating to the sponsorship and supersede any and all prior agreements, arrangements, statements and understandings, except for any fraud or fraudulent representation by either the IMC Academy or the Sponsor.
- The laws of the Republic of South Africa will apply in respect of any legal issue or litigation arising directly or indirectly from these terms and conditions.
- No Warranties / Representations
The Sponsor acknowledges that it has entered into this agreement and bound itself to these terms and conditions without having been guaranteed any performance on the part of the IMC Academy which is not stated herein.