CMO at Hollard Insurance
Passionate South African, wife and proud mother of two young men. Reader, writer, collaborator, practical explorer, fiercely loyal to the notion of the power of single actions enabling quantum changes. Wannabe ballerina, erstwhile boxer, speaker of some Greek & Latin, learner, teacher, mentor, mentee and deep believer in the power of brands and humans. Proud creator of the ‘sprinkles’ and ‘chocolate cake’ metaphors, and the idea that ‘it takes a village to raise a brand’.
- Group Chief Marketing (Brand Mama) and Corporate Affairs Officer at Hollard Insurance
- Previously Executive Manager, Group Marketing, Loyalty and Strategic Partnerships at Comair taking care of com, British Airways, kulula credit card, MTBeds, the jetsetters and Executive Club loyalty programme, and co-creator of SLOW lounges and Daddy’s Deals. Before that partner, Deputy CEO and Marketing Director at research house Ipsos Markinor, after some time in the pharmaceutical industry
- Board Member Mobile Marketing Association. Previously Board member and Deputy Chair of the Marketing Association of South Africa and Board member of ABC (Audit Bureau of Circulations)
- Served on industry award juries including APEX, Prisms, FM AdFocus, MMA Smarties, Marketing Achievement Awards, Sports Industry Awards, BASA (Business & Arts SA) and the Loeries.
- 2021 Marketer of The Year finalist in the Marketing Achievement Awards, and 3rd in SCOPEN SA’s Most Admired Marketing Professionals 2019 and Top 8 in 2021. Jewish Achievers Women in Business Finalist and nominated for a PRISM Lifetime Achievement award for PR. In 1976 I came 3rd in a figure skating competition (there were only 3 contestants). I hope to win something one day 😉
- A silent partner at Halo Board member of insuretech startup Naked Insurance.
- A regular writer in trade media, guest lecturer and local and international speaker. Former member of Vega Brand School National Advisory Council as well as advisor and friend to Umuzi (youth upliftment through creative & digital education). In 2018 business partner to the Principal of Summerwood Primary School on the Partners for Possibility Programme
- Over the years my teams’ work has been recognised with various awards including PRISM PR Campaign of the Year for kulula.com, Loeries Grand Prix and Gold for SLOW Lounges, Bookmarks and Loeries for Hollard Instastory Books, and PRISM Sponsorship Gold for The Hollard Daredevil Run.
SAHETI school in Bedfordview: Prefect, distinction in English, Junior City Councilor for Bedfordview, started Edenvale Leo Club (youth division of Lions Club), matriculated 1983
- BSc (Nursing) University of Witwatersrand 1988
- CM(SA) Chartered Marketer of South Africa (by the invited process 2012)