Fahmeeda holds a variety of qualifications in Media Management, Strategic Marketing,
Strategic Planning, Business Management, and Journalism. Cassim-Surtee began her career as a
sports journalist and has worked for City Press and SABC Radio.
She joined the MultiChoice Group in 1998 and has since held a variety of positions within
DStv Media Sales, the advertising and sponsorship arm of the business. Comments about her
work, “I love it because I don’t treat it as a job. It’s integrated into my life. It’s different every day.
I like the opportunity to influence people and create change. Never one to shy for a challenge,
Cassim-Surtee lives by the motto, ‘I can do anything even if it scares me.’ ‘’
Some of her notable achievements include:
- Media Owner Legend: The MOST Awards 2019
- Nominated for SA Woman of the Year
- SA Business Woman of the Year
- Co-Authoring a book for 2010 World Cup and
- First Woman in South Africa to apply for a boxing license