The following information outlines the Terms and Conditions of entry into the The Nedbank IMC 2020 youth brand challenge competition run by The IMC Academy (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”). The Terms and Conditions of the Competition are subject to South African law. Entry into the Competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Twitter. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook or Twitter.
Competition Ts & Cs:
- This Promotional Competition (“Competition”) is organised by the Promoter and is open to all persons under the age of 28.
- The Competition rules may be amended, by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel this Competition in its entirety and/or its prize/value. In the event of an amendment, alteration and/or cancellation the Promoter will not compensate any individual for any reason whatsoever. The Rules and/or any amendments thereto will be interpreted by the Promoter only.
- Competition Period: This Competition is valid until Friday 6 March 2020.
- To participate and stand a chance to win, participants must post a video of what South African brands need to do better to market to the youth.
- Winners & Prizes: Three winners will each win a ticket to the Nedbank IMC 2020 worth R5000. If the winners are based outside of Johannesburg, the IMC will pay for transport to and from the venue. The videos of the three winners will be played at the Nedbank IMC 2020.
- Winner Selection: Three (3) winners will be selected at the discretion of the organisers. No discussions will be entered regarding the decision of the judges.
- Winner Notification: Winners will be notified on 6 March 2020.
- If a selected winner(s) does not respond within three working days of the initial message sent by the IMC, the prize will be rewarded to the runner(s) up. In such instance the new recipient will be considered the ‘winner’ and all these rules will apply to such substitute/runner up winner as well.
- The winner(s) may be required to provide the Promoter with a valid form of proof of identity as the Promoter in its sole discretion requests before receipt of any prize. Failure to produce enough evidence as to identity may result in disqualification.
- The Prize(s) cannot be exchanged for an alternate prize or for its cash value for any reason whatsoever. The tickets are not transferable.
- No late or incomplete entries will be considered.
- No person may win more than one Prize in this Competition.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries which it considers to not comply with the terms and conditions or any Participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Competition.
- In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter’s is final, and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age, and other relevant details of a participant.
- The Promoter may use personal information, supplied voluntarily by Participants, for marketing purposes. The Promoter may make media announcements / publications of the names / photographs of Participant/s and reserves the right to full usage of all videos submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right to carry out audits in respect of any Participant/s to verify their eligibility and that of entry.
- Entries will become the property of the Promoter (including all intellectual property rights in the entry) and will not be returned.
- Participants are prohibited from submitting entries that are in the reasonable discretion of the Promoter unlawful, obscene, pornographic, libellous, defamatory, threatening, or other material that would violate any law, code of ethics, regulation or code of responsible advertising, or may be considered as generally irresponsible or anything that may compromise the Promoter’s reputation or legal position. If such entries are submitted, it will be considered invalid and will be disqualified.
- Everything submitted must be the Participant’s original, unaltered work and not copied from anyone else’s/other work. By submitting an entry, Participants agree and confirm that nothing in their submission will infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third party. If Participants include anyone else’s material in their submission, the Participant must have obtained their permission to do so. If Participant does not, such Participant/s will be infringing the copyright in the material. This includes material downloaded or copied from a website. Any contravention of these rules will disqualify the entries as reasonably suspected by the Promoter and any liability arising as a result thereof will be that of the Participant and not the Promoter.
- By entering the competition, the Participant automatically confirms that he/she has the right to use the submitted work, i.e. Inter alia the work is the Participant’s own property.
- Participants automatically extend permission for any works they have submitted for this competition to be freely used by the Promoter, with no compensation therefore to the Participant.
- In the event that a winner(s), for whatsoever reason, is unable to receive the prize, utilise the Prize for whatsoever reason the winner will forfeit the entire prize. There will be no compensation, in any form, (including, but not limited to monetary compensation, irrespective of the reason(s) for inability of the winner to receive the prize.)
- All Participants indemnify the Promoter, its associated companies (directors, officers and employees) and agents, against any / all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way howsoever in this Competition.